Welcome to my Blog.

Some of my favorite tools: Make-The-Cut, Corel Draw and Corel Paint, Sketchbook Express, Pan Pastels, Embossing folders, Texture plates, Spellbinder Nesties, Alcohol inks, Glossy accents, Stickles, Flowersoft, Watercolor pencils, Utee and Melting pot, Perfect Pearls, Acrylic fragments, Chalks and of course my Black Cat Cougar to create a variety of embellishments some of them designed by me. As I progress I plan to use embellishments mainly designed by me but that takes time. I hope you enjoy your visit. Come back anytime.






About Me

My photo
Think It Dream It Do It Welcome to MY WORLD

Sunday, February 10, 2013


As promised, below are images of what I created for the 2013 Red Hat ball.

I'm getting better at creating clip art and the only image not my own is the woman on the mug. 
I used my Make-The-Cut software to design the purse and shoes and cut them out with my Black Cat Cougar cutter. The table numbers and 4 ft. chipboard gown I hand cut with scissors, it's not very thick and I didn't have a deep cut blade for my cougar. However, if I do something like this again I will purchase the blade and program the cat to do all the work for me. I created the template for the gown using MTC and traced it on to the chipboard with tracing paper.  I guess the days of tracing paper are fast becoming passé.  I created the Glamourama rhinestone sash using the Cat to design and cut out the rhinestone letter template. Sewing is not my strong suit so having the sash turn out as nicely as it did was really great. In the process of learning how to create the pearl necklace and the diamonds I really jumped ahead in my understanding of what I can do with Corel. Putting it all together and pressing it on the T-shirts was quite a process too in which I had to save the Corel file in a format I could import to MTC so that I could cut out the oval.  The heat transfer paper is square and so, when pressed on a white T-shirt the white simply doesn’t sublimate on to the T-shirt.  However, with darker colors like purple I needed to cut out the oval to avoid pressing a big white square.  This involved importing the design in to MTC and adding registration marks to the image.  Then activating the laser on the Cat and manually programming the alignment so I ended up with clean cut ovals.  It was quite time consuming and in the process I researched a print and cut machine but they are really expensive so that’s not something I will be purchasing any time soon.  It all came together nicely and the T-shirts were a big hit.

I used plenty of glitter and gems and rhinestones, pearl pens and hot glue and it really looked lovely at the event. This was so much fun!!!!

No comments: